Western Digital SiliconDrive II PATA CF
Released January, 2009
The Pros:CF card form factor. 34MB/s and 19MB/s read/write/up to 16GB capacity. 4 million hour lifespan.
The Western Digital SiliconDrive II PATA CF is an internal Solid State hard drive that is comprised of a CF card (the drive), making it very compact. Available capacities range from 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16GB and it supports read/write speeds of 34MB/s and 19MB/s respectively.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
WD drives are made for rugged use in the field or any security intensive applications and are even available in an extended temperature version. This broadens the capable operational temperature for use in extreme hot/cold conditions, hence the company's suggestion of possible military use. Although replaced by the faster SiliconDrive III Series in June 2009, these actually have a higher MTBF, or, mean time between failure of an incredible 4 million hours compared to that Series' 3 million. The usual WD technologies are featured on this model such as PowerArmor for protection from brown outs and surges, SiSecure for protecting your data and SolidStor data transfer algorithms which maximize the drives efficiency.
- Interface: PATA ATA-5
- Form factor: Compact Flash (CF)
- Read: 34MB/second
- Write: 19MB/second
- Seek Time: 2ms
- 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 16GB capacity
- MLC (multi-level cell) NAND technology
- Dimensions: 1.433 X 1.685 X 0.130 inches
- Weight: 109.769 gm
- Shock resistant to 1000G
- Standard temperature version: 0° C to 70° C
- Extended temperature version: -40° C to 85° C
- Non-operating temperature: -55°C to 125°C
- Altitude: 80 000 feet max
- 4 million hour MTBF (mean time before failure)
User Reviews (3)
34MB/s and 19MB/s read/write/up to 16GB capacity
You may also like...