Transcend JetFlash 220
Released August, 2007
The Pros:Integrated software easily allows private/public partitions. Fingerprint reader effectively eliminates the chance that data might be stolen. Files can be set to individually require fingerprint use.
The Cons:Susceptible to widely-available unlock cracks. Software (necessary to access data) occasionally crashes. Not compatible with OS X.
The Transcend JetFlash 220 is a USB storage device with advanced storage security using fingerprint recognition. This compact device is typical size for a USB thumb drive and is available in 2, 4, 8 or 16 GB sizes and has an attractive rotating cover that will never get lost.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Unlike typical USB storage devices, the JetFlash 220 has a built in sensor strip which allows users to access protected data using their unique fingerprint. This fingerprint scanning technology not only protects important data, but it also automatically logs the user on to any website which they have a pre-registered account for quick, easy and secure internet navigation. The device is built using nly name-brand high speed NAND flash chips and top-quality components for high performance and quality.
Features / Specifications
- Fully compatible with Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- Advanced Fingerprint Recognition Technology
- Easy Plug and Play installation
- AES256 encryption technology
- Protect Files: Protect files stored on your computer using fingerprint security
- Mobile Favorites: Access your Internet Explorer Favorites on another computer
- Website Auto-Login: Automatically login to websites where you are a registered user (Microsoft? Internet Explorer only)
- Repartition Tool: Adjust the size of the Private and Public partition areas for storing data
- USB powered. No external power, or battery needed
- LED indicates data transfer activity
- Driverless (Windows? 2000/XP/Vista)
- Two years warranty Specification
- Size: 70.0mm x 20.5mm x 11.0mm
- Weight: 13 g
- Data Retention: UP to 10 years
- Speed: Read: 25 MB/sec, Write: 4 MB/sec
- Certificates: FCC, CE, BSMI
User Reviews (2)
Integrated software easily allows private/public partitions
Fingerprint reader effectively eliminates the chance that data might be stolen
Files can be set to individually require fingerprint use
Folding cover protects fingerprint reader when not in use
Susceptible to widely-available unlock cracks
Software (necessary to access data) occasionally crashes
Requires a lot of fingerprint scanning to setup software on a new/different computer
You may also like...