Released September, 2009
The Pros:Up to 256GB capacity. Reasonable I/O times.
The Cons:High price.
The Samsung PM800 is a solid-state drive (SSD) released by Samsung in mid 2009. Unlike conventional, mechanical hard-disc drives, the SSD PM800 offers much higher performance: even higher than 10,000rpm performance.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Once connected via a SATA-II interface (3.0Gb/s), it quickly retrieves and submits data faster than any mechanical drive on the market. Note also that it’s available in three different physical sizes: 2.5” SATA, 1.8” SATA, and slim uSATA. Each physical size has three capacities: 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB. The benefit to using a PM800 SSD is higher speed and greater writing accuracy. The big drawback, however, is the extremely expensive price.
- Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Up to 256GB Capacity
- 2.5”/1.8”/uSATA Slim Sizes
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Interface: SATA 3.0Gb/s
- Host Transfer: 300MB/sec
- Maximum Sequential Read: 220MB/s
- Maximum Sequential Write: 200MB/s
- Samsung PM800 | 2.5” SATA 3.0G | 256GB | MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB
- Samsung PM800 | 2.5” SATA 3.0G | 128GB | MMCRE28G5MXP-0VB
- Samsung PM800 | 2.5” SATA 3.0G | 64GB | MMCRE64G5MXP-0VB
- Samsung PM800 | Slim uSATA | 256GB | MMDPE56GFDXP-MVB
- Samsung PM800 | Slim uSATA | 128GB | MMCRE28GFMXP-MVB
- Samsung PM800 | Slim uSATA | 64GB | MMCRE64GFMXP-MVB
- Samsung PM800 | 1.8” SATA 3.0G | 256GB | MMDPE56G8DXP-0VB
- Samsung PM800 | 1.8” SATA 3.0G | 128GB | MMCRE28G8MXP-0VB
- Samsung PM800 | 1.8” SATA 3.0G | 64GB | MMCRE64G8MXP-0VB
User Reviews (4)
You may also like...