Samsung EcoGreen F2 (F2EG)
Released March, 2009
The F2 (F2EG) is a line of low-cost internal hard disk drives that is part of Samsung's EcoGreen line. The EcoGreen label signifies the fact that Samsung's EcoTriangleTM technology is in effect on this line, which means that eco-friendly components are used.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
SilentSeek and NoiseGuard technology, standard on the EcoGreen line, are also present here, and make for a low-noise performance. Low-power and low-heat performance are priorities for the EcoGreen line, and the line has been rated first in terms of power consumption for two straight years by IDEMA (International Disk Equipment and Materials Association) Japan. The lack of halogen compound and brominated flame retardant make the EcoGreen line RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) compliant, as well. Samsung boosts an improved performance with the F2 (F2EG) line, thanks to its dual-ARM based firmware and SATA native command queuing feature, which optimizes command execution. There are 500 GB per disk on the F2 (F2EG) line of internal hard disk drives.
- 500 GB per disk
- 5400 RPM drive speed
- SATA 3.0 Gbps interface
- RoHS (Reduction of Hazardous Substances) compliant
- Dual-ARM based firmware
- ATA S.M.A.R.T. compliant
- ATA automatic acoustic management feature
- ATA 48-bit address feature
- SATA native command queuing feature
- ATA device configuration overlay feature
- Device-initiated SATA power management
- Rotational vibration sensor
- HD153UI - 1.5 TB capacity, 16 MB buffer memory, 12 sec drive ready time
- HD102SI - 1 TB capacity, 16 MB buffer memory, 12 sec drive ready time
- HD154UI - 1.5 TB capacity, 32 MB buffer memory, 12 sec drive ready time
- HD103SI - 1 TB capacity, 32 MB buffer memory, 12 sec drive ready time
- HD502HI - 500 GB capacity, 16 MB buffer memory, 10 sec drive ready time
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...