OCZ Technology Octane-S2 Series
Released November, 2011
The OCZ Technology Octane-S2 Series is a series of high-capacity 2.5" SSDs similar to the OCZ Technology Octane Series. The sole difference between the Octane and Octane-S2 series is that the Octane-S2 series is limited to SATA II 3Gbps rather than SATA III 6Gbps for read speeds of 275MB/s and write speeds of 265MB/s.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Otherwise, both series sport the same capacity options (128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB) and technologies including latency reduction technology and NDurance technology.
The Octane-S2 Series' proprietary page mapping algorithms ensure consistent mixed-workload performance meaning fast performance across all applications. Its latency reduction technology provides the Octane-S2 Series with lower read and write access times (0.06ms and 0.09ms respectively). Meanwhile, the Octane-S2 Series' NDurance technology helps to increase the lifespan of its NAND flash memory for improved reliability.
- Available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB capacities
- SATA II 3Gbps compatible
- Maximum read speeds of 275MB/s and write speeds of 265MB/s
- Latency reduction technology: read and write access times as low as 0.06ms and 0.09ms respectively
- NDurance technology
- Advanced BCH ECC engine enabling more than 70 bits correction capability per 1KB of data
- Boot time reduction optimizations
User Reviews (0)
You may also like...