LaCie d2 DVD+/-RW
Released June, 2003
The Pros:Quality build and design. Lightscribe technology uses the laser in the drive to burn an image on a Lightscribe disc. USB and USB/Firewire versions available.
The LaCie d2 DVD+/-RW is an external DVD Rewriter that features Lightscribe technology. This means that when using Lightscribe media, once you have finished burning the disc, you can flip it over and use the drive's own laser to burn an image onto the top.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It should be noted that complex images can take between 15-30 minutes to burn. There are two versions of this drive, the cheaper uses USB 2.0 while the more expensive uses USB 2.0 and Firewire 400. The drive is made by Samsung (Model: SH-S203N) and housed in a brushed silver aluminum case designed by Neil Poulton and there is no internal fan. Software for Windows and Mac is included and the Reading and Writing of Dual-Layer DVD's is supported(Rewriting of Dual-Layer DVD's is not). Although their products may be pricey, LaCie makes up for it in quality and design.
- Elegant silver design
- 1X Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and 2X FireWire 400(Firewire available in more expensive version)
- DVD±R; DVD±RW; DVD±R DL; CD-R; CD-RW
- DVD speeds (Write, Rewrite, Read) : +RW: 22 x 8 x 16x
-RW: 22 x 6 x 16x
±R DL : +R 16x, -R 12x
- CD speeds (Write, Rewrite, Read) : 48 x 32 x 48x
- Easy Media Creator Suite 10 with LightScribe Labeler (Windows), Toast 9 Lite (Mac OS X 10.4 min.), LaCie LightScribe Labeler 1.2 (Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later), LaCie LightScribe Labeler for Linux
- USB 2.0 cable, FireWire 6-to-6 pin cable, power supply included
User Reviews (1)
Lightscribe technology uses the laser in the drive to burn an image on a Lightscribe disc
USB and USB/Firewire versions available
You may also like...