Kingston SSDNow V Series
Released January, 2009
The Pros:Standard 2.5" can be used in regular sized laptops, desktops alike. Affordable prices. Respectable capacities starting at 40GB.
The Cons:Limited capacity compared to standard disk drives. Slow write speeds. Not as fast as OCZ or Intel's best.
The Kingston SSDNow V Series represents a set of affordable, entry-level solid-state drives built for enhancing the performance of computers that sport a Serial ATA (SATA) interface. They range from 40GB to 128GB and retail as stand-alone and in laptop/desktop bundles.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Each unit utilizes a 2.5” form factor with NAND flash memory components. This means that there are zero mechanical moving parts, which in turn renders the unit completely silent, yet more reliable and less likely to fail than a conventional hard drive. The most popular unit in the series is the 40GB Boot Drive, which was released in November 2010 and is designed to significantly increase a desktop's boot, shutdown, and application load times. It's designed to work alongside a conventional drive and hold only the most essential files, including the operating system and key applications.
- Entry-Level Solid-State Drives
- 40-128GB Sizes
- Standalone/Bundle Packages
- 2.5” Form Factor w/FLASH Memory
- Zero Mechanical Moving Parts
- Ultra-Quiet Performance
- Shock Resistasnt
- Supports S.M.A.R.T.
- 3 Year Warranty
- Form Factor: 2.5”
- Capacity: 40/64/128GB
- Life Expectancy: 1 million hours
- Sequential Speed (64/128GB): 100MB/sec read; 70MB/sec write
- Sequential Speed (40GB): 170MB/sec read; 40MB/sec write
- SNV125-S2/40GB (stand-alone drive)
- SNV125-S2/64GB (stand-alone drive)
- SNV125-S2/128GB (stand-alone drive)
- SNV125-S2BN/64GB (notebook bundle)
- SNV125-S2BN/128GB (notebook bundle)
- SNV125-S2BD/40GB (desktop bundle)
- SNV125-S2BD/64GB (desktop bundle)
- SNV125-S2BD/128GB (desktop bundle)
User Reviews (4)
standard 2.5" can be used in regular sized laptops, desktops alike
respectable capacities starting at 40GB
silent - zero moving parts
ideal for an OS/applications drive
no moving parts mean it can take physical shock without risk of damaging the drive, losing data
limited capacity compared to standard disk drives
not as fast as OCZ or Intel's best
You may also like...