Kingston DataTraveler 101
Released July, 2008
The Pros:Available in lots of different configurations. Capless design - connection end can be easily protected. Includes a series of exclusive portable apps from the manufacturer.
The Cons:Doesn't include anything to attach a keyring. Metal portion is somewhat flimsy - not designed for heavy duty scenarios. Available with USB 2.0 connectivity only - no USB 3.0 option.
The Kingston DataTraveler 101 is a 2GB - 16GB capacity USB 2.0 flash drive that comes in cyan(blue), pink or yellow. These drives are compatible with Windows Vista as well as Mac OS X v.10.3.x+ and are made with a capless swivel design.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A metallic plate is fastened to the drive which can be swiveled to reveal the USB connector. Although the manufacturer lists the 2GB, 4GB and 8GB models as having 'standard' read and write speeds, the 16GB version has a read speed of 10MB/sec and a write speed of 5MB/sec. All data traveler 101 drives come with a green connectivity LED so you can see when it is connected as well as a five year warranty.
- Capacities – 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB
- Speed – 16GB: 10MB/sec. read and 5MB/sec. write
- Dimensions – 2.19” x 0.68” x 0.36” (55.65mm x 17.3mm x 9.05mm)
- Operating Temperature – 0° to 60°C / 32° to 140°F
- Storage Temperature – -20° - 85°C / -4° to 185°F
- Convenient – Pocket-sized for easy transportability
- Simple – Just plug into a USB port
- Practical – Capless swivel design protects USB connector; no cap to lose
- Guaranteed – Five-year warranty
- Customizable – Co-Logo program available, white metallic swivel
- Fashionable – Available in cyan, pink & yellow
User Reviews (1)
available in lots of different configurations
capless design - connection end can be easily protected
includes a series of exclusive portable apps from the manufacturer
long manufacturer warranty - 5 years
compatible with non-PC devices such as keyboards and other musical instruments
doesn't include anything to attach a keyring
metal portion is somewhat flimsy - not designed for heavy duty scenarios
available with USB 2.0 connectivity only - no USB 3.0 option
You may also like...